Benjamin Geer on Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:02:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Fwd: Re: <nettime> the language of tactical media

On Friday 05 July 2002 10:13 pm, Morlock Elloi wrote:
> [someone else] wrote:
> > As a very liberal democrat, I keep waiting for the anti-globalisation
> > freaks to offer an alternative to the status quo ... but you never do.
> > If they ever offered the first first idea on how to "better" govern then
> > I would be their greatest champion ... but all I ever see is criticizism.

Michael Albert, editor of ZNet (http://www.znet.org), has what I think is a
very sensible proposal called `Participatory Economics', about how regional
economies could be run on the basis of participatory democracy.  He's written
two or three books about it:

http://www.parecon.org

Ben