Benjamin Geer on Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:58:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Chavez's Venezuela [4x]

Ricardo Bello wrote:
> But large sectors of Venezuelan society become guilty of fascist
> behaviour in governmentīs eyes, just because they denounced corruption
> in high military ranks, or the lack of sound economic policies. Thatīs
> a political blackmail.

Let's make things clear: are you saying that an attempted military coup
against an elected President was justified because of corruption in that
very same military (certainly not Chavez's fault), and because of
disagreement over economic policies?  Is that your idea of democracy?  If
I disagree with an elected government's economic policies, my
responsibility as a citizen is to vote for someone else next time, not to
support the goverment's overthrow by generals.

Ben