Nmherman on Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:49:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: [7-11] [the metaversity] few are called

In a message dated 6/26/2002 5:00:50 PM Central Daylight Time, lachlan@london.com writes:

How true, Brad, how true. Arthur Kroker and I had two conversations on the matter
in 1994 and in 1995. I am sure Arthur recalls them well.

I think Kroker's against Genius 2000.  I would be I think as a critic-arguer against some of C-Theory?  I don't know.  Yes, I do know, I would be.

Viz. funding, any institution should have an endowment.  I will donate valuable artworks to the metaversity, or a free course of readings and lectures etc. for one semester.

Mentioning Kroker however, what is the critical/establishment attitude toward a metaversity?  There's already regular universities doing exactly anything a metaversity could do.  You could argue.

How can we defend ourselves?

Only with great art.

Max Herman
genius2000.net