Joseph Franklyn McElroy Cor[porat]e [Per]form[ance] Art[ist] on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:50:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: GENERATION FLASH: Lev / Sawad

> Now, as in cello art for example, I can't judge in the higher levels of
> skill.  Maybe there is a need for your vision of earth, your art; yet perhaps
> the need is inflated.  In my opinion you are not a very good artist.  You
> code, you animate, why would I care if you do?  You have no authority over
> me.

An unfair assessment, a dedication to code and animation of the Earth has its
own harmony and authority.  John, in my mind, is continuing the long line of
sculptors. There is room and need for sculptors in this medium. Lord knows that
I would never have the patience to carve a life-sized figure out of stone, nor
the patience to carve a virtual world...but I am glad someone else is doing it.

--
Joseph Franklyn McElroy
Cor[porat]e [Per]form[ance] Art[ist]
Take the Survey everyone is talking about...
http://www.electrichands.com/genius2000
Electric Hands, Inc
www.electrichands.com
212-255-4527