Heiko Recktenwald on Mon, 29 Apr 2002 01:59:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Vinc Cerf: The Internet is for Everyone

> everyone" over and over again. a noble goal but what he fails is to define
> what he means with "the internet". he pictures an internet that growth
> exponentially. but into what kind of internet? does he mean a big shopping
> mall?

Had a discussion about exactly this with some activ member of the internet
society and he ashured me, sometime ago, that it means an internet where
everybody can be a sender of information. More than just a "space of
ecommerce". It sounded like a revival of the old internet ideas.

H.