Lachlan Brown on Fri, 19 Apr 2002 05:24:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] c o a l i t i o n - against hate online and racism anywhere

 A call from Lewisham, via Toronto, April 02

         internetwork.worldmaking

 Coalition is a book length site to be copublished by Thirdnet Publishing (UK
 and Canada) and the Centre for Urban and Community Research at  Goldsmiths College, University of London.

 Coalition analyses the extent and impact
of hate sites online, provides resources
for community in Lewisham woven through
local memories of Carribean settlement
1950s-, and remembers Stephen Lawrence and
a long battle for social justice against institutional racism in London.

The book speaks to local concerns in
Lewisham which have correspondances elsewhere
across our internetworked.world. Coalition
seeks affinities across and in spite of the
process of globalisation.

Contributions from anti-racist feminism are
needed to respond to our call, and to help
remember all of our struggles in all of
our places and to assert common knowledge
over institutionalised ignorance.

Contributors include: Joan Anim-Addo, Paul
Gilroy, Stuart Hall, Lachlan Brown, Les Back,
 Ben Gidley, Michael Keith, John Solomos, Ken
McVay, and many more.

 Please contact editors@london.com for information or if you have a proposal for
 consideration in the book.

Lachlan Brown