Jack Jansen on Sun, 14 Apr 2002 22:03:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> petition -- Boycot Israeli Arts Institutions

On vrijdag, april 12, 2002, at 09:34 , John Menick wrote:

> This petition is being posted on the site of an Israeli writer
> and activist
> Oz Shelach (http://www.oznik.com/). It was written by Oz, Emily Jacir
> (Palestinian artist), and Anton Sinkewich (American artist). To endorse
> email: arts-appeal@oznik.com.

Before people sign this petition it might be a good idea to
check how widespread support for it is under Palestinian
artists. As of 2 months ago some of the mixed
Palestinian/Israeli festivals and other art initiatives were
still going strong. This may well have changed in the last few
weeks (and/or those initiatives may be part of this boycott
petition), but it would be a shame to boycott one of the last
cooperative efforts out of existence...
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -