Ricardo Bello on Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:16:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Philip K. Dick in Caracas

I went to sleep for a few hours, waked up at 1 a.m., got out of bed,
turned on the TV and....
the national strike that paralyzed the whole country for three days
didn´t exist (the first time that employees and workers, perhaps in
Latin America, decided together, hand in hand, a strike that stopped in
its tracks a whole nation).
A peaceful march of over half a million people that turned into
blooshed and forced military top brass to demand and get President Chavez
resignation, didn´t exist, was not recorded, did not happen.
I´m living in a world described by Philip K. Dick. Anyone wants a
proof that the author of The Man in the High Castle was the most
visionary, lucid and intelligent American author of the 20th century?,
just turn on the TV and watch CNN.
It turns out there were executions today and all sort of excess
against chavistas by the hand of the same generals that outs Chavez
just yesterday. But tonight they are defending him.
I will try to sleep again, and tomorrow I will get out of bed, turn on
the TV and...