martha rosler on Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:43:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] RE: <nettime> IMC Newsblast: Palestians Under Siege

>> Adam Shapiro Ranks As a Mideast Hero and an example of a Jew with a
>> conscience:
>> http://jerusalem.indymedia.org/news/2002/04/4806.php
>> there are probably more than a few examples of JEWS with consciences,
>> starting with the refuseniks:
>> http://www.seruv.org.il/defaulteng.asp
>> {i will refrain from further comment}
>
>I am confident there are many on this list aware that there are
>JEWS with consciences. Yours appears troubled. Why don't you
>let go of your jewishness for once, instead of clinging to
>it even now, in the face of breaking news from the Israeli
>occupation?

thanks for the lecture on what rules i've broken and what i need to let go
of. you have no idea what my position is on the occupation--or on my
ethno-religious affiliation/identity.
 that you felt necessary to add that blurb shows you have difficulty
differentiating JEWS from the IDF. this reductivism is unhelpful, perhaps
worse.
As I am sure you are aware, there are many jews, including israelis,
protesting the occupation.
martha rosler