obaseki ahtekar on Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:57:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] BUSINESS PROPOSAL.

>From The Desk of: MR. OBASEKI AHTEKAR
(FINANCIAL DIRECTOR)
UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC.
Dear Sir,

BUSINESS PROPOSAL.

Please permit me to introduce myself. I am the
Financial Director of
Union Bank of Nigeria PLC. Union Bank is one of the
biggest Commercial
Banks in Nigeria. The Board of Directors of the Bank
met on the 13th of february this year 2002
over a matter that requires your co-operation
and assistance.

In 1999, one of our esteemed customers, Mr. Adil
Bantam, an Indonesian
citizen who died in a plane crash along with members
of his family. The
ADC plane crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the
coast of Lagos,
killing all the passengers and crew. Before the death
of Mr. Adil Bantam, he
was the Managing Director of Deep-blue Oil Servicing
Company. His
company has both current and savings accounts with our
Bank. At the time of
his death, he had US$26.6Million in both accounts.
When our Bank was
notified of his death, we made efforts to contact his
immediate next of
kin through his embassy in Victoria Island, Lagos. The
embassy later
wrote to us informing us that all attempt on their
part to contact any of
his relatives was not successful. It was at this point
we contacted the
government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Finance
informing them
about this problem. The government wrote to us back
directing our Bank to
place Mr. Adil Bantam funds in a suspense account
pending when any of
his relatives shows up to claim the money. This was in
1996.

However, we received instructions from the Nigerian
Government giving
us till the end of December  2001 to disburse this
fund to the next of
kin of Mr. Adil Bantam or the money will be used to
buy arms to support
the civil wars in Sierra Leone and Angola. It was as a
result of these
directives from government that made the Board of
Directors of our Bank
to meet. After careful considerations of the intention
of government to
use the money to support war instead of eradicating
disease and
poverty, the board then mandated me to contact you for
assistance to receive
this money as the next of kin to Mr. Adil Bantam.

What we want to do is to present you or your company
as the next of kin
to Mr. Adil Bantam which will entitle you to receive
this money on his
behalf. It will not be difficult to establish the
relationship. You
could be a relative to his later wife or his uncle
from his mother’s side.
As soon as you confirm your willingness to assist, you
shall be
provided with all information relating to the Late Mr.
Adil Bantam, as
contained in our file. You do not have to worry about
this proposal, as the
Board of Union Bank is 100% behind this proposal. When
we have
successfully remitted the fund in your account, you
shall assist us invest our
shares into profitable business in your country for 2
years. Your
interest will be 30% of the total sum after the
successful completion of this
transaction.

Sir, should you be willing to assist in this matter,
kindly get
back to me on the above
email address
stating your telephone and fax numbers along with any
question you may need
to ask about this transaction. We want to assure you
of a hitch free
transaction, as your involvement will not expose you
to any risks now or
after the successful completion of the transaction.

We thank you once more while we look forward to your
urgent response to
this letter.

Best regards,
MR. OBASEKI AHTEKAR