][mez][ on Wed, 30 Jan 2002 05:37:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] The Dynamics of a Code.Wurk Meaning Trajectory

_The Dynamics of a Code.Wurk Meaning Trajectory_
][mez breeze][

It would seem that a majority of users/readers/viewers are prepared to be
meaning-fed via the traditional sensory mirroring/chunking that we all
consider a signification by-product of regulatory art, entertainment or
even culturally defined activity [sound, text, image, movement, and the as
yet largely abortive taste/"smell-o-vision" fad]. This makes the
development of our ability to rewire or reroute these basic
sensory-interfaced telemetries and meaning gauges less important than our
need to traditionally perceive and construct meaning via a
biologically-mandated front. Work that is intrinsically linked to code.wurk
production [net.writing] is often perceived - or sensed - as nonsense or
less evolved in terms of practice than other, more obvious multi-mediac
work because of this;  code/net.wurks seem incapable of being absorbed via
the reflective modes that assist in their construction.

The works available in "_][ad][Dressed in a Skin C.ode_"
[http://www.cddc.vt.edu/host/netwurker/] all stem from a basic net.wurk
practice; one that projects via email lists as an instinctive reaction to
the data-in-flux/meniscus that surrounds and supports it.  These email
code.wurks delineate a particular trajectory [in terms of net usage to
define and actualise the work] more aptly than the "click & explore"
versions that are present in the resulting documents; however, the
multitude of  _Texts_ [this term is used inclusively in reference to more
than the typed elements alone] accessible via _][ad][Dressed in a Skin
C.ode_ are largely meaning-negotiable in terms of the initial-in-net-utero
email core construction. Interestingly, a large chunk of the user/viewer
population seem reluctant to engage these "raw" core/code.wurks in terms of
meaning extraction and absorption.

The DNA of programmer fare is code: the schemata of mobile/relay chat is
manufactured via abbreviation, punctuation, and character realignment: the
nuances of web communication are framed, linked & nestled in network
strata. I choose to adopt/co-opt these mechanisms and assume that soon [in
terms of a gradual re-educative filtration process] users will be able to
recognize the source-modes and compile their sensory abilities along the
lines of newly-produced expressions intimately related to the stuff of
net.wurked life rather than on regulation sensory reverberations.

net.wurker][mez][
.][E][mot][E][ion capt][l][ure.goes.here.
xXXx
./.

www.cddc.vt.edu/host/netwurker/
www.hotkey.net.au/~netwurker