Christopher Fahey [askrom] on Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:02:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] RE: RHIZOME_RAW: /// 0100101110101101.ORG /// Opportunity makes the thief

Although they don't publish this link, I found it:

http://www.koreawebart.org/artist/0100101110101101org/index.html

I take back what I said about this artwork. I love the little flash
animation of the hand dragging the folders around! It shows a sense of
humor about what they're doing, a sense of fun. Interestingly, having
seen this flash movie, 010100010010101101 actually seems less conceptual
and more narrative - in fact, it seems like a kind of (self?) portrait.
It's like the hand is being controlled by some goofy hacker clown
somewhere, pulling a silly little prank on his cute little folders, a
pretty interesting character study if you ask me.

It's too bad their propaganda passes them off as purely
conceptual/performance artists when in fact they are 'makers of things'.

-Cf

http://www.totalmuseum.org/webproject8.html
http://www.hamburger-kunsthalle.de/aext/wettb.htm
http://www.obn.org/femext
http://www.critical-art.net

/// "El Pais", 20 Dec 2001
/// "El colectivo 01.ORG 'piratea' el sitio del Web Art Festival de
Corea" [ spanish ]
http://elpais.es/suple/ciberpais/articulo.html?d_date=20011220&xref=2001
1220elpciboci_3&type=Tes&anchor=elpciboci

/// "ExiWebArt", 6 Dec 2001
/// "Korea Web Art Festival: net art e hacking a Seoul" [ italian ]
http://www.exibart.com/IDNotizia3570.htm

/// PROPAGANDA /// HTTP://WWW.0100101110101101.ORG ///

+ hey teacher, leave them kidz alone
-> Rhizome.org
-> post: list@rhizome.org
-> questions: info@rhizome.org
-> give: http://rhizome.org/support
+
Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php3