Craig Brozefsky on Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:41:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> The Fading Altruism of Open Source Development

oliver frommel <oliver@firstfloor.org> writes:

> hello,
>
> i don't know if this has already passed the nettime mailing list but i
> could not find anything in the archive .. it is a fairly interesting
> article about the economic and cultural background of free software
> development. it is long and has a lot of images so i only post the url ..
>
> The Fading Altruism of Open Source Development by David Lancashire
> First Monday, volume 6, number 12 (December 2001),

I started reading this and then I got to the outline of their analysis
was immediately turned off.  It's like the guy looking for his car
keys under the street lamp cause that is where it's brightest.

--
Craig Brozefsky                           <craig@red-bean.com>
                                http://www.red-bean.com/~craig