Steve McAlexander on Sat, 3 Nov 2001 02:15:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] List of Foreign Terrorist Organizations, 10-8-97

Title: List of Foreign Terrorist Organizations, 10/8/97
Looks to me like to be really good at fighting terrorists first you have to become one then you understand how they think.  Hey From the size of this old list it looks like we really have our work cut out for us doesn't it?  It doesn't look too intimidating except when you notice that 95% of these groups are related to Islam and the rest have ties to Islam.  Looks like a WAR with Islam to me and looks like we are the terrorists opressing people in their own countries propping up dictatorships all in the name of money and oil.

Great Seal   The State Department web site below is a permanent electronic archive of information released prior to January 20, 2001.  Please see www.state.gov for material released since President George W. Bush took office on that date.  This site is not updated so external links may no longer function.  Contact us with any questions about finding information.

NOTE: External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.

Department Seal

Foreign Terrorist Organizations

Released by the Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism, U.S. Department of State, October 8, 1997.

flag  bar

  • Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
  • Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
  • Armed Islamic Group (GIA)
  • Aum Shinrikyo (Aum)
  • Euzkadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA)
  • Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine-Hawatmeh Faction (DFLP)
  • HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement)
  • Harakat ul-Ansar (HUA)
  • Hizballah (Party of God)
  • Gama'a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group, IG)
  • Japanese Red Army (JRA)
  • al-Jihad
  • Kach
  • Kahane Chai
  • Khmer Rouge
  • Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK)
  • Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
  • Manuel Rodriguez Patriotic Front Dissidents (FPMR/D)
  • Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK, MKO)
  • National Liberation Army (ELN)
  • Palestine Islamic Jihad-Shaqaqi Faction (PIJ)
  • Palestine Liberation Front-Abu Abbas Faction (PLF)
  • Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)
  • Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC)
  • Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)
  • Revolutionary Organization 17 November (17 November)
  • Revolutionary People's Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C)
  • Revolutionary People's Struggle (ELA)
  • Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso, SL)
  • Tupac Amaru Revolutionary Movement (MRTA)

[end of document]

flag  bar

Department Seal Return to the Home Page. This is an official U.S. Government source for information on the WWW. Inclusion of non-U.S. Government links does not imply endorsement of contents.