Stefano Caldana on Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:13:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] DIGITAL JAM - net.art @ Art Futura 2001 - Barcelona

DIGITAL JAM - net.art @ Art Futura 2001 - Barcelona

Dates: October 25 - 28, 2001
Place: CCCB (Centre de Cultura Comporānea de Barcelona).
Online: http://www.artfutura.org/2001/digitaljami.htm

A selection of participative art on-line by Roberta Bosco and Stefano
Caldana
Digital Jam (http://www.artfutura.org/2001/proyectosdigitaljami.htm) is a
selection of 11 projects conceived for the Internet that shows different
tendencies of artistic investigation, focused on the collaborative aspect of
the creative process on-line in the course of the last 7 years.

"We are not in favour of encyclopaedic selections, so we'd rather risk
choosing a series of projects which, in our opinion, shows the numerous
tendencies in the field of artistic collaboration on-line.... Digital Jam
invites the observer/user to leave his/her passive role in order to take
part in first person in this creative jam session on the Internet".

FEATURED ARTISTS:

Gregory Chatonsky (France)
IO-N.NET
http://io-n.net

Arcángel Costantini (Mexico)
No/E.html
http://www.unosunosyunosceros.com/No/E.html

Douglas Davies (USA)
The World's First Collaborative Sentence
http://ca80.lehman.cuny.edu/davis

Andy Deck (USA)
Open Studio
http://draw.artcontext.net

Bernd Holzhausen (Germany)
Icontown
http://www.icontown.de

Thomax Kaulmann (Germany)
ORANG - "Open Radio Archive Network Group"
http://orang.orang.org

John Klima (USA)
Glasbead
http://www.glasbead.com

Hannes Niepold, Hans Wastlhuber (Germany)
Cointel
http://www.cointel.de

Paul Vanouse (USA)
Persistent Data Confidante
http://www.textgenomics.com

Marek Walczak, Martin Wattenberg (USA)
WonderWalker
http://wonderwalker.walkerart.org

Eric Zimmerman (USA)
SiSSYFiGHT 2000
http://www.sissyfight.com

Friday, October 26 - Conferences and Shows
17:00 - 19:00 ··· SPECIAL SESSION: COLLECTIVE ART
Roberta Bosco and Stefano Caldana, journalist of  CiberP@is, the weekly
magazine about new technologies of the spanish daily newspaper El Pais, will
present their project  DIGITAL JAM: Collective Art Online, a journey through
works of art of community construction in the Internet, with the artists:
Bernd Holzhausen (Icon Town), Hannes Niepold (Cointel) and Ricardo Iglesias
(Referencias).

CONTACT:
Roberta Bosco: ro.bosco@teleline.es
Stefano Caldana: st.cal@teleline.es