Reinhard Braun on Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:47:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] |--- transfer.streaming + Station Rose Webcast no. 150 @ ncc48

------------------
|--- transfer.streaming | october 26, 2001 | 4:00 - 7:45 pm cest
|--- Station Rose Webcast Nr. 150 | october 26, 2001 | 5:45 - 6:45 pm cest
|--- part of _transfer.net_ @ ncc48 netART community congress
------------------

MiDiHy is pleased to announce its contribution to the _ncc 48 -- netART
community congress_ being held in Graz from October 25, 2001 to October 27,
2001.
Thanks to the co-operation with Station Rose, Frankfurt, the whole programme,
including talks, presentations and a streaming event, will be webcasted, thus
implementing the engaged discourses on the net into the net itself.

We invite you to take advantage of this _transfer.streaming_ on October 26,
2001, starting at 4:00 pm cest and continuing untill 7:45 pm cest.

As part of _transfer.streaming_ Station Rose will be realising their Web Cast
Nr. 150 perfomed live on site in Graz starting at 5:45 pm cest

Both streames are to take part in at
http://www.stationrose.com
http://2.ncc.mur.at

-----------------------------
|--- _transfer.net_
-----------------------------

_transfer.net_ deals with the framework conditions of everyday/popular net
cultures (i.e. net cultures having, among other things, always some sort of
economic motivation)  and the increasing  intermeshing of entertainment and
consumption cultures on the one hand and net cultures on the other. How are
the
popularization of connectivity ("get connected", Nokia) and the
individualization of presence on the net  ("your personal homepage") affecting
the framework conditions for all types of net art? Is it possible to
maintain a
counter-cultural net art or community concept in a time when net-based
discourses are increasingly becoming merchandise-type discourses ("satisfy
your
lust", Siemens)? What meaning is possibly left, against this background, for
strategies such as  appropriation, irony, fake, subversion, diversification or
for something like (sub-cultural) counter-information?

PROGRAMME
--------------------------
4:00 pm cest - start of _transfer.streaming_

Reinhard Braun, MiDiHy, A | Andreas Broeckmann, transmediale, D
Wich networks, wich discourses, wich art?
http://www.midihy.org
http://www.transmediale.de

4:15 pm cest
Verena Kuni, art and media scientist, Frankfurt/Trier, D
Masche oder Mehr? Netzwerke(n) als schöne Kunst betrachtet
http://www.kuni.org/v/

5:00 pm cest
Climax Clan/ Action Bot Machinima | http://www.climax.at
a re emerge by Jahrmann & Moswitzer, A
Konsum Art-Server | http://www.konsum.net

5:45 pm cest
Station Rose - Gary Danner & Elisa Rose, Frankfurt, D
Build a Page with a Cable
presentation/performance

Station Rose - Gary Danner & Elisa Rose, Frankfurt, D
Web Cast Nr. 150
http://www.stationrose.com

6:45 pm cest
panel discussion with all participants of _transfer.net_ , moderated by
Andreas
Broeckmann

7:45 pm cest - end of _transfer.streaming_

----------------------------------
_transfer.net_ is part of
ncc 48 -- netART community congress
october 25th, 12:00 noon through 27th, 12:00 noon cest 2001
dom im berg, graz/austria

http://ncc.mur.at/

ncc48 stands for 48 hours of non-stop information, documentation, discussions,
reflections, and productions in analog and virtual space. the topic is "the
internet in the context of art". Condensing information is the intention of
ncc48, the congress is the medium. Over a time-line of 48 hours international
artists, scientists, theorists, computer experts and the scheme-team will
discuss, report and reflect on topics succeeding one another in a temporal
rhythm and forming the "content back bone" of ncc48. There will also be
concurrent workshops, chats, lectures and presentations of networkart
projects.

a mur.at event
http://www.mur.at

--