Res publica on Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:55:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] FACTS ON DEPLETED URANIUM - PRAGUE- CONFERENCE

From: Res publica, association for information, Prague, Czech Republic, publica@publica.cz

Further information about conference "Facts on Depleted Uranium", Prague, Czech Republic, November 24-25.2001.

We are informing you that the conference on depleted uranium shall take place in Prague, Czech Republic on November 24-25.2001. Please, pay attention to the enclosed letter and participation form. Please, fill kindly the participation form and send it as soon as you can to the organizing institution. First participants summary will be on October 31.2001. Dissemination of information about this conference is appreciated. in ten days time further information will follow. Please, forward this message to your friends.

***************

Res publica, association for information, Prague, Czech Republic, publica@publica.cz
Facts on Depleted Uranium

The civic association, Res publica, association for information, the preparing for the date 24 and 25 November 2001 in Prague, the Czech Republic, a conference dedicated to the problems of depleted uranium "Facts on Depleted Uranium".

We consider it necessary to comment on the reason leading us the organization of this conference. In reply a letter pointing out the gravity of using Depleted Uranium in war operations in Persian Gulf and in Balkans, sent to the President of the Czech Republic Vaclav Havel by the vice-chairman of our association Res publica Jiri Horak, it was stated that the problem of using arms with depleted uranium is becoming ever more relevant and that V. Havel has been perceiving susceptibly all possible perils making possible with the deployment of arms of this type to endanger the health of all peoples. In organizing this conference we wish to contribute to the realization of the idea, supported also according to the mentioned reply by Vaclav Havel, that the whole problematic would be subjected to a proper expert opinion and on this basis relevant conclusions would be deduced as well as urgent steps resulting in the security of the protection of human lives.

It is just this reason that we are laying the central point of this conference on an expert level. We are interested in hearing at this conference technical, military, political, juristic, health, ecological and other expert's views on this problem. We have requested Prof. Jiri Matousek from the Institute of Environmental Chemistry and Technology Faculty of Chemistry, Brno University of Technology from Czech Republic, to be an expert moderator at this Conference "Facts on Depleted Uranium". From quite natural reasons we consider it correct to invite also members of various humanitarian, health, ecological and peace organizations. For your information we mention that in view of the nature of the conference we calculate with the participation of the approximately fifty persons. Contributions from this conference will be published in a conference volume.

Results of the conference "Facts on depleted uranium", information and comments presented at the conference will be forwarded also to the president of the Czech Republic Vaclav Havel.
On this occasion we wish to inform you that by thist conference we take up from our preceding actions, which had been for instance our international meeting dedicated to security problems of central Europe, the question of the nature of OSCE and the importantce of Charter on European Security and particularly the problems of Yugoslav crisis in 1999
In case you are interested in aspects related to depleted uranium, it would be a great pleasure to welcome you at the conference "Facts on Depleted Uranium" in Prague.
We would appreciate very much too, to recommend us for invitation those of your friends who could address the conference on aspects connected with depleted uranium!
We are convicted that also with your help we may be able to contribute to a good case. We are also attaching a simple registration form to the conference and we would appreciate your decision as to whether you would wish to participate and particularly to present a contribution. Certainly you will understand that your concrete response will be important for our steps in the conference preparation.
We are sending our greetings and look forward to your response.

***************

Participants fee:
None for participants who send filled participation forms not later than October 31.2001.
USD 10 for those who send their participation form until November 10.2001.
USD 20 for those whose participation forms will be received later.

***************

Reply slip
Res publica, association for information

I would like to participate in the Conference Facts on Depleted Uranium, Prague, Czech Republic, November 24.-25. 2001

Organisation....................

Please complete this slip and return it to the Res publica, association for information, Prague, Czech Republic: du@publica.cz