Sean Healy on Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:45:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] global rooftop video and *u*

Would you like to shoot a 30 second or 1 minute clip to be part of an
international no-budget collaborative short film?

Here's the deal.
Jean Poole and Jesse in Brisbane Australia, are making a short film set
on rooftops, ably assisted by the co-scripting Rebecca from Melbourne,
and tech-assistant Iko in France.

Themes we're interested in exploring in this film include:
What does it mean to be alive in the age of the network?
The increasing mediatisation of experience and the virtualization of
reality.
And where are you when in cyberspace or on the phone?

These themes are loose however, and our plan is to collect and stitch
together a range of short films shot on different rooftops around the
world - one from each continent would be cool, but at this point any
clips would be a bonus, and suitable for this experiment.

That it is even possible to make a film this way excites us, but the
challenges will be in linking together the footage, and editing it to
make a final coherent piece, which we'll put on the web....

Looking for any willing peeps to collaborate
*but* need your pixels by 15-22 of Oct....
or email us if u definitely want to contribute but will be a little
later :-)

We have a few guidelines and continuity tips,
contact details and submission and format details at
http://www.octapod.org.au/s/v/sky

ciao!
jean poole & jesse