Carl Guderian on Sun, 7 Oct 2001 14:45:40 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> double-ended pen digest [byfield, cisler]

I think National Lampoon, the late and probably unlamented US humor
magazine, really deserves the credit for the best restatement of the
"double-edged sword theory." The theme of the January 1978 issue of
National Lampoon was "Technology - Poisonous Junk, Stuff That Blows Up,
and Large, Dangerous Things That Go Fast." I consider technology to be
more of a flying guillotine: useful and dangerous, but also with a
cheesy side (or a side of cheese fries).

Carl

--
Happiness is the maximum agreement between reality and desire -- Joseph
Stalin