Nmherman on Fri, 5 Oct 2001 23:45:29 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Re: <thingist> unplugged...

In a message dated 10/4/2001 9:25:29 PM Central Daylight Time, i2eye@mac.com
writes:

> All the photo shots of Afghani refugee kids that have hit the pages of the
> Globe and Mail in the past week show  (without comment) these tiny little
> tikes with blond hair.
>
>  This isn't just mild malnutrition. This is the nether reaches. These kids
> are almost dead of protein deficiency.

I just watched a BBC thing on Afghanistan last night made before Sept. 11.
The country is pretty damn beautiful by the way, not any Starship Trooper
planet P.  They showed a lot of footage of kids, and man they seemed real
damn nice, like way nicer than a lot of surly American kids look.  Kinder and
happier.  How the Taliban took over that country really is a big disgrace, a
big leftover mess from coldwarlording over there.

Max