Ivo Skoric on Fri, 5 Oct 2001 23:06:58 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] (Fwd) Hamptons International Film Festival - C & R Films (fwd)

Subject:        	Hamptons International Film Festival - C & R Films (fwd)

Dear Friends:

If I havenıt spoken to you personally, your email address was given to me by
one of our Advisory Board Members, or I found your contact information by
doing some research to people who might be interested in our program.
Thanks for taking the time to look this over.  If you donıt want to receive
further information about the Festival, please send a reply to the address
above.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Festival!

Linda Rattner
212-274-9650
rattner@hotmail.com
www.hamptonsfilmfest.org

1.  What is it?

The Hamptons International Film Festival presents Conflict and Resolution /
Yugoslavia: Breakup - from October 17 - 21, 2001 in beautiful East Hampton,
NY.

In our second installment of this innovative program, we bring to you strong
films and videos from an area besieged by war, nationalism run rampant,
tyrants and Œethnic cleansingı: Yugoslavia and the republics it used to call
its own. The majority of the work delves into the human toll of the
conflict, without necessarily offering solutions; that task is left up to
the viewer.  A few suggest glimmers of hope, which might allow us to see in
them, or find within ourselves, the possibility of resolution.  In the wake
of the events of September 11, we as Americans have a better understanding
of the lives that these filmmakers eloquently describe with their films and
videos.  However, these works have much to teach us about the consequences
of protracted conflict.  It is more important than ever to bring this
information to as many as possible - please join us in October and
participate in the discussions that follow the films.  Several of the
artists will be present to discuss their work.

2.  What will films and videos have been selected?

In six programs, work by the following artists will be presented:
(* denotes filmmakers in attendance)

 Janko Baljak, Serbia
 *Adis Bakrac, Bosnia
 Antonia D. Carnerud, Sweden
 Peter Jennings, USA
 *Zvonimir Juric, Croatia
 Bozidar Knezevic, Croatia
 Momir Matovic, Montenegro
 Paul Pawlikowski, UK
 *Goran Radovanovic, Serbia
 Dan Reed, UK
 Katarina Rejger & Eric Van Den Broek, Netherlands
 *Eugen Saracini, Kosovo
 Bob Simon, USA
 *Danis Tanovic, Bosnia
*Srdan Vuletic, Bosnia
 Maria Fugelvaag Warsinski, Norway
 *Pjer Zalica, Bosnia
 *Jasmila Zbanic, Bosnia

And, East Coast Premiere of the feature film   NO MANıS LAND   by Danis
TANOVIC.  Winner of the Best Screenplay Award at 2001 Cannes Film Festival
 (Bosnia, France, Belgium, UK)

3. How do I attend?
SPECIAL!  Conflict and Resolution Package  $50
Includes tickets to all six Conflict and Resolution film programs, the panel
and C&R reception. Choose any three additional screening or panel tickets on
Thursday (anytime) , Friday (before 6 pm) or Sunday (anytime).

For Tickets call:  631-329-3920

For information on group rates and packages, or lodging and transportation,
please call 212-274-9650.

4.  How do I get more information on this program and the Festival?
For more information call:  212-274-9650  or 631-324-5600
Website for film descriptions and schedule   www.hamptonsfilmfest.org

5.  How can I help?
If you have access to an email list made up of individuals who might be
interested in this program or the Film Festival in general, please feel free
to pass along this email and the attached flyer describing the Conflict and
Resolution program.

If you would like hard copies of this attachment to hand to members of your
organization, please send an email with your address to:
rattner@hotmail.com.

6.  C&R Screening Schedule
(please note:  this schedule is subject to change.  Please check the website
to confirm dates and times of screenings)

Thursday, October 18, 2001
11:45 AM   C&R Program 1  UA-6
2:30 PM  C&R Program 3  UA-5
6:30 PM  No Manıs Land  UA-2