Ivo Skoric on Wed, 3 Oct 2001 21:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Bulldoze a wall over them.

Another helpful hint - just in from Taliban:
Non-Muslims must wear yellow patches to help the faithful avoid
them.

hmmm, I remember we've seen those yellow patches on people
somewhere earlier in the last century. it didn't end up too well.

Plus, given that the Taliban law prohibits practically any human
activity save for prayer and punishment (even KITES of all things
are forbidden), and thinking how they treat women (and men) of
ordinary disposition, I wondered what happens to homosexuals. I
mean, I was pretty sure that such a dire offense would be punished
by death, but since so many other things are punished by death,
there must have been something 'original' reserved for gays - there
is no other fun that coming up with new and imaginative ways of
torture and killing under Taliban, anyway - an on-line Economist
article proved me right - there was a worthy 'intelectual' debate over
that issue among the 'seekers of knowledge': "Taliban theorists
have debated whether the proper punishment for homosexuals is to
bulldoze a wall over them or to bury them alive." Poor Pat
Robertson, he looks like an amateur homophobic compared to
them.

This, here, looks like a must-read historic perspective on how Al
Qaeda might be working:
http://www.phinnweb.com/neuro/assassins.html
Although this "terrorist" group was set in 11th century, it seems
that those who 'harboured' it were actually fairly liberal for those
times - quite unlike the Taliban of today - and in a way more
advanced than their Western adversaries, who learned from them to
establish their Templars and CIA-s later - again unlike this modern
network, that seems to be formed in a reversal of roles.

ivo