Nmherman on Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:48:10 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Announcements [+9]

In a message dated 9/22/2001 6:37:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
nettime-l@bbs.thing.net writes:

> Other future participants will include Janine Antoni
>  (the oh so very young recipient of the MacArthur "genius award" a
>  little while ago), and Ishmael Reed.

Paul:

Reed's Mumbo Jumbo is an important book, no one's disputing that, and it fact
I take its precedent to be something of a permission for Genius 2000.  The
Satanic Verses of America you might say, in that MJ portrays something akin
to a religious conflict.

I would much appreciate any comment on Genius 2000 from the MacArthur award
winner, Mr. Reed, and/or yourself.  Off the record if you prefer.  Also, I'm
sending a video to you if that's OK.

Best,

Max Herman