t.whid on Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:09:27 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: NYC'ers on the list, please let us know you're OK

---- Beatrice Beaubien <i2eye@mac.com> wrote:
> Really.
>
> Those in NYC who have been quiet today,
please give us a shout.

i arrived at my office building, one penn plaza at
34 and 8th ave. people pouring out. asked. 2
planes crashed into the wtc. went to office on 24th
flr. through windows saw the towers burning. one
of my co-workers was video-taping it and had
gotten the second crash.
http://www.mteww.com/plane_01.mov .

while i was capturing and compressing the vid,
the 1st tower collapsed. saw the whole thing.
indescribable horror.posted vid i mentioned
above on mteww.com and got the fuck out of the
office tower i was in.

all  subways closed. need to walk to my
girlfriend's place on 3rd and ave b. she works at
world financial center, across the street from wtc.
she was at home and is ok.

walking down witnessed the 2nd tower go down
from 23rd and 6th ave. people sobbing in the
streets, some close to hysteria. i'm close myself.

long lines at ATMs and groceries. people are
walking uptown due to no trains. see one guy
covered with dust. he must have been close but
he looks ok.

you hear a jet in the sky and everyone looks up.
that never happened before.

<twhid>
http://www.mteww.com
</twhid>