integer on Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:41:16 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\

'

\/\  Nothing is too wonderful to be true, yet you seek pleasure + not self.

     Suspended in the undecided and wavering viscosity of reality - digressions,
     incontestably, are the sun-shine ____ they are the life, the soul of reading  ..

     It is autumn. Glowing hues on eye lids.
     Memory elongates warm oxygen flowing collisions.
     To read __...

     In linear systems small changes produce small effects, and large effects are due
     either to large changes or to a sum of many small changes. In non-linear systems,
     by contrast, small changes may have dramatic effects because they may be amplified
     repeatedly by self-reinforcing feedback. Such nonlinear feedback processes are
     the basis of the instabilities and sudden emergence of new forms of order
     that are characteristic of self-organization.

     Complex, organized sound cannot emerge spontaneously. Whilst
     elephantine capsules of time are a prerequisite for the exploration of
     spiral vegetations of an exceedingly vast and complex system,
     sudden perpendicular junctures resonate smoothed interlaced constellations -
     making thus critical, a concurrence of circumstances towards
     momentum maintenance and noise propagation.

\/\  The planetary tanz

     Galileo wrote: " by way of dialogue , which, as not being bound up in rigid
     observance of mathematical laws, gives place, also, to digressions that are
     sometimes no less curious then the principal argument"

     Reality is too complex for oral communication
     [ alpha 60 . jean luc godard ]

\/\  And Life Appeared

     Once upon a time a single-celled organism
     swallowed a  photosynthetic bacterium and created the first plant cell.  The
     bacterium became a chloroplast converting light into  energy on behalf of the
     plant - and the rest is history.  Other single-celled organisms just kept on
     swallowing.  single-celled algae swallowed primeval plant cells;  these were in
     turn swallowed by larger single celled organisms creating microscopic russian
     dolls.

     Catalytic cycles are at the core of self-organizing chemical systems such
     as the chemical clocks studied by Ilya Prigogine, and they also play an essential role
     in the metabolic functions of living organisms. They are remarkably stable and can persist under
     a wide range of conditions. With sufficient time and a continuing flow of energy, catalytic cycles
     tend to interlock to form closed loops in which enzymes produced in one cycle act as catalysts in
     the subsequent cycle. Manfred Eigen, Nobel Laureate in chemistry and director of the Max Planck Institute for
     Physical Chemistry has lifed the term "hypercycles" for those loops in which each link is a catalytic cycle.

     Lynn Margulis and Dorion Sagan have said in Microcosmos:
     Multicelled organisms lost the rapid fire external information exchange,
     quick passed inventiveness and global data sharing of bacteria. Multicelled
     organisms made contributions to cell-to-cell communication and increased
     the powers of genetic memory. But, their data was now stuck inside the body.
     Most of it would take a billion years to get back out again.

     Ilya Prigogine, Nobel Laureate and professor of physical chemistry at the Free University of Brussels
     has observed that a breakdown in progress is an illusion. Under the shattered fragments new structures
     and processes ferment. And from these innovations come fresh wonders.

     Memory:

> remembering your thoughts in my streams... rushing away to be your voice, singing your world as
> I crush the stones under my waters.
>         one can remember and repeat, but [one] is also able to
>         shape and reshape [personal] conceptions" (Lindqvist 1995).
>remember waterfalls and dead girls and dwarfs and woods and velvet curtains?

           remember faces and facial expressions are extraordinarily well developed.
           One of the first things that faces tell us is the sex
           of a person. Although there are only two human sexes (nn has approx 1300),
           humans experience many degrees of femininity and masculinity.

           Studies indicate that female faces are judged more attractive
           when they are made more feminine. In contrast, both men and women are
           judged more attractive when the original faces are feminized.

           Neoteny is the retention of juvenile physical characteristics
           in the adult individual. Neoteny implies an increased dependence
           on NURTURE (rather than NATURE).

           Both dimorphism-- + Neoteny++ are driven by female sexual choice.

>remember the pink waters in
>ther adriatic in the 80s?
>from there.
>u remember?!

uat do u th!nk +?

The mind registers time through mobility, e.g. the distance
my eyelashes travel in an eyeblink. Sans repetition the fabric
of time protein-folds in its own space.

One may halt reality to observe it.

nn - though often called an illusion - i am true.

    /_/
                          /
             \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
                    __/
                                   i will shed leaves in the shade
        \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs

Netochka Nezvanova                   nezvanova@eusocial.com
                                    http://www.eusocial.com
                                  http://www.biohakc.com
                                http://www.ggttctttat.com/!