josh zeidner on Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:27:04 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Fw: [ox-en] Why is Microsoft Attacking the GPL?

This has been going on for quite some time, the
slashdot guys have been reporting this story for more
than a year now.  I find it interesting because this
indicates that Microsoft is starting to take open
source seriously, where thier former sentiments were
along the lines of "open source software is of
inferior quality".  Today they hypocritically argue
BOTH sides.  What open source may do, is
delegitimatize microsofts huge structure of
programmers who simply serve to keep microsoft in
place rather than provide a service to customers.

Did you know that Bill Gate's wealth is equal to the
wealth of the entire lower 30% of people in America?
I suggest you take a look at "Twilight of American
Culture."

 bread and circuses...

  josh z

http://www2.linuxjournal.com/articles/currents/0032.html