Tetsuya OZAKI on Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:37:26 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] ___ R E A L T O K Y O vol.34___

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O
_____06_07_2001_Fri_vol.34___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
        Getting in Closer Touch with Science
        Nihon Kagaku Mirai-kan
        (National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation)
        recommended by Ito Gabin

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book 010:
        Kim Sora & Gimhongsok
        (artists from Seoul)

(3) Out of Tokyo 015:
        Kaori-san and Rafa
        text by Ozaki Tetsuya

(4) Present of the Week:
        Invitation to 'Eyes to Everyday Life' exhibition
        and more!!

This week's RT Picks:
art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 46 events
including 12 new ones!  Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

Getting in Closer Touch with Science
Nihon Kagaku Mirai-kan
  (National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation)
recommended by Ito Gabin

A Hands-on Model of the Internet!  Wow!  It's been a while since the
computer in me was turned on by such a strong impact. The structure of
the Internet! Black and white balls replacing 0 and 1!   Oh, I guess nobody
understands what I'm talking about here... It's about one of the exhibits
at the new Nihon Kagaku Mirai-kan (National Museum of Emerging Science
and Innovation) in Odaiba. The Mirai-kan is a public museum (?) conceived
on the theme of science, but what distinguishes it from most other
places of its kind is its rare smell of seriousness. . . .

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0038-gabin.htm

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book 010:

Kim Sora & Gimhongsok
(artists from Seoul)

Catch the real voice of artists from all over the world visiting Tokyo!
'Tokyo Visitors' Book' has introduced 10 'visitors' so far.

001: Ippe B.T. Rubingh (artist from Rotterdam)
002: Wang Ningh (actress from Beijing)
003: Florian Hecker (musician from Augsburg)
004: Abolfazl Jalili (movie director from Teheran)
005: Frank de Quengo, Jos Auzende & Julie Denuer
          (party organizers from Paris)
006: Zarco Hajdarhodzic (flute player from Zagreb)
007: Lizzie Thornton / Tomato Interactive (designer from London)
008: Sasha Meg & Amy Franceschini / Future Farmers
          (designers from San Francisco)
009: Arto Lindsay (musician from New York)

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(3) Out of Tokyo 015:

Kaori-san and Rafa
text by Ozaki Tetsuya

In a recent issue of their mail magazine, "Brutus" published a report on
a Casablanca trip by 'European airline employee' Kaori. She recalls the
"terrible smell and atmosphere when she arrived at the Mohammed V
airport that almost made her regret her first Morocco visit. . . . Shortly
after I read this article, a friend of mine, Mexican-Canadian media
artist Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, came to Japan. The winner of a Golden
Nica prize at the Ars Electronica 2000 is currently developing a new
work, to be displayed at the opening of the "Yamaguchi Art and Media
Center" (tentative name) in 2003, and he visited the country for
interviews and a location check. . . .

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki.htm

(4) Present of the Week

We've prepared lots of presents!  Send in your name!
Be aware that each present has a different closing date.
Instead of announcing the winners we just send them their prize.

      Invitation to 'Eyes to Everyday Life' exhibition
      Invitation to 'My Home Is Your Home, Your Home Is My Home' exhibition
      5 'Cinefil' CD + card game sets by Shimizu Yasuaki
      REALTOKYO stickers (ten per set)

To apply and for further information, please contact:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Please send your ideas and opinions to info@realtokyo.co.jp. Three
users who send us mail will be chosen to receive a little gift.

Tetsuya OZAKI

Editor in Chief / REALTOKYO
ozaki@realtokyo.co.jp
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/