WIGGED.NET on Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:15:30 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] NEW ISSUE; NEW WORKS; NEW NEWS-- june-sept. 2001 issue

Title: NEW ISSUE; NEW WORKS; NEW NEWS-- june-sept. 2001 issue
WIGGED.NET JUNE 2001 E-NEWSLETTER--VOL. I ISSUE 12

Wigged.net (http://www.wigged.net) is a digital magazine focused on bringing innovative short videos, animations and interactive works over the Internet.  Our mission is to be a showcase, distribution and promotion center for media artists via the World Wide Web. Wigged.net is for audiences seeking innovative alternatives to traditional forms of entertainment.

NOW SHOWING

Check out featured artists in the new issue of Wigged.net:

Humberto Ramirez's Pool.
Pool explores the intersection of memory, values and beliefs in the construction of identity. United States. 2000.

Seth Thompson's Four Houses.
Four Houses presents fleeting portrayals of residents in four surrounding houses in a small urban city. United States. 2001.

Paddy Johnson's My What Big Teeth You Have.
Paddy Johnson writes, "I create intermonologues which incorperate dream elements and at times  paranoia.   I am interested in the intersection of rational and irrational lines of thought."  United States. 2000.

Thomas Swiss's Self-Portrait as Drums and Crowd Noise.
A web-based poem with images and sound.  2001. United States.

Marikki Hakola's TRIAD Hyperdance.
This project is based on TRIAD NetDance, a live telepresence performance on the Internet between Helsinki, Finland; Tokyo, Japan; and New York City, United States. TRIAD HyperDance forms a virtual installation where the audience is invited to interact with the artists and build up new interpretations out of the audiovisual and choreographic elements. 2000. Finland.

Michael Szpakowski's Linked verses- www remix.
This piece is intended to parallel rather than to document a dance piece created by '..some dancers and musicians..' a group of artists working in the Epping Forest area close to London , UK.  The idea was to adapt the musical notion of 'remixing' to create an installation for the web from what was originally a piece for live dancers and musicians.  As in many musical remixes the atmosphere of the two pieces is radically different. Where the original performance was playful and conversational the web piece is dreamlike and fragile. Both are true. 2001. England.

WIGGED NEWS

Check out Peter Schmidegs's article The Crossroads of Music & Mythology:
An Interview With Christine Baczewska.

The above article can only be found on the "Wigged News" page at http://www.wigged.net

STORE

Buy cutting edge cassettes, CDs and CD-ROMs that are for sale at http://www.wigged.net.

CALL FOR WORKS

Seeking innovative and experimental new media works as well as animation and videos.  Please visit http://www.wigged.net and go to the "submit media" page to fill out our on-line registration form and send requested materials.

DEADLINE: Ongoing.

PUBLICITY OPPORTUNITY

We are looking to promote your upcoming exhibitions and new releases.  If you would like for us to promote your work either through our newsletter or Wigged.net webzine, please send your press releases to:

Seth Thompson
Wigged.net
418 Woodland Ave.
Akron, OH  44302

or you may e-mail press releases to seththompson@wigged.net.  No file attachments will be accepted.  If you have images that you would like to include, please send them via snail mail to the above address.

Please Note: To remove your e-mail address from my list simply reply to this message and
type the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field at the top of your reply.  If you have more than one e-mail address through which you might be receiving this, please be sure to list them all.
--
Seth Thompson
Wigged.net