Steve Cisler on Wed, 30 May 2001 20:01:40 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Corporate Free Speech Battle is Escalating

So, let me get this straight: a corporation can sell my
Social Security number, because to prevent them from doing
so would be a violation of their "First Amendment rights",
but for me, it's "use Napster, go to jail"?

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curth@motek.com

Some years ago there was an op-ed piece floating around (never quite
made it to a newspaper) that argued that computer viruses had "First
Amendment Rights" to self expression.

I'm sure there have been academic papers on the extension of 'rights'
out of the individual human category and into corporations, animals,
cultures, babies, vegetation, as well as computer code (viruses).

Steve Cisler