Nmherman on Sat, 12 May 2001 21:54:13 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> [photongraph]and other projects

++

Welcome to nettime.  If you are serious about architecture, I have a very
serious design I would love to collaborate on.

It is called "The Millennium Hut" and it has been viewed and praised by the
famous Minnesota architiect Ralph Rapson.  He believes it is a political and
publishable design but that my drawings are inferior.  I would like to
publish it on the web but need design help.  I am only a writer with no html
or autocad skills.

You can look at two images for more information:
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/2000hut.GIF
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/kempfhut.JPG

The structure is a circular, wooden space with two hallways crossing the axes
of the circular outer wall.  In each hallway there are ten doorways, to allow
visitors to move at random through the space, and ten monitors.  Twenty doors
and twenty monitors total, one each for each century past since zero.

The work is a statement that questions the Millennium Dome and the Millennium
Wheel in London.  It is a very low-cost structure but is intended as a
lasting memento of the first two millennia CE.  The content shown on the
monitors will be determined in part by any community that licenses the
design, in part by the Genius 2000 Network, and by other means yet to be
determined.

I am offering the design for free and only wish to publish it at least as a
web-only work.  If you have heard of me, you know I am somewhat controversial
here.  Also, do you know the Namie Amuro album "Genius 2000"?  I started my
project in summer 1998 and sometimes wonder if her album title is a
coincidence or not, since one of the producers is American.

One last note, I hope not too bitter:  the internet artist Brad Brace was
censored off the well-known list "Thingist" when he tried to discuss Amuro's
album.

This is a serious request and I look forward to your reply.  My full site is
at
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000

Best regards,

Max Herman