Nicholas Hermann on Fri, 11 May 2001 21:00:26 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Holy God I love you Sweden Tak sa mikke!!!!!!!

++

OK everyone I'm winning this OK?  We are all going to work together so I win this.  I love Sweden.  When I win, I am going to spend the prize to buy as many people as possible--preferably working poor people from Stockholm who don't speak English very well--Morels and Reindeer Filet at Diana, a classy underground (literally) restaurant in the Old Town (Gamle Hus) of Stockholm.  I had it once on vacation with my grandmother and it's probably my fondest memory of her.  She was so happy there that night we both had a sherry, or maybe she had a sherry and I had a Ballantines.  Either way, let's win.

Viva Gustavus Adolphus (minus the imperialism and war etc.)

Max Herman
The Genius 2000 Network
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/MASS.html
(note the Swedish color scheme in memory of my mormor Lindstrom, and note this page has been up for months)

++

Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 20:50:53 +0200
From: "SOC.Stockholm" <info@soc.nu>
Subject: Call for participation

Call for participation to the 1st Utopian World Championship 2001!
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to participate in the 1st Utopian World Championship 2001. Sign up
for participation at http://www.soc.nu/utopian/ before the 31:st of june 2001.

The winner will be awarded 1000 US dollars and the winning contribution
will be presented to governments and other powerful institutions and
organisations all over the world.

The competition will continue throughout the year 2001. From the 1:st of
September,
[The first of September is my 32nd birthday!!!!!!!!--Max]
the public will be able to vote for ten finalists whose
contributions will be examined by a group of experts that, together with
the public, will name a winner before the end of this year. You can follow
the competition day by day, vote for the finalists and discuss utopian
related topics at  http://www.soc.nu/utopian/ where you@ll also find
competition rules and other necessary info.

Help us to spread this invitation. If you@re not interested to participate,
maybe you know someone who are.

The 1st Utopian World Championship is arranged by SOC, a group of artists
based in Stockholm, Sweden. Contact SOC at info@soc.nu.

The Utopian W.C. web site is hosted by http://www.protestcenter.org and
co-located at CRAC. SOC is generously supported by The Foundation for
Future Culture and The Swedish art Grants Commitee.

SOC.Stockholm
Bondegatan 64
S-116 34 Stockholm
Sweden
T: +46 (0)8 640 98 07
M: info@soc.nu
W: http://www.soc.nu

Call for participation to the 1st Utopian World Championship 2001!
Welcome to participate in the 1st Utopian World Championship 2001. Sign up
for participation at http://www.soc.nu/utopian/ before the 31:st of june 2001.

The winner will be awarded 1000 US dollars and the winning contribution
will be presented to governments and other powerful institutions and
organisations all over the world.

The competition will continue throughout the year 2001. From the 1:st of
September, the public will be able to vote for ten finalists whose