Nmherman on Thu, 10 May 2001 05:16:30 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Manual Labour in the Knowledge Economy

++

Here's a fun fucking experiment.  Ken, why don't you find one of the NYU
janitors to give you a similar testimony.  Ask her what she thinks of you and
your work--tape it all with no editing--and then ask her what she thinks of
Genius 2000, which I'm sure you can describe at least crudely.  Because if
you don't do it yourself someone will have to do it for you.

Max Herman
Ichabod's Bane

In a message dated 5/9/2001 4:32:02 PM Central Daylight Time, mw35@nyu.edu
writes:

> Subj:  <nettime> Manual Labour in the Knowledge Economy
>  Date:    5/9/2001 4:32:02 PM Central Daylight Time
>  From:    mw35@nyu.edu (McKenzie Wark)
>  Sender:  nettime-l-request@bbs.thing.net
>  To:  nettime-l@bbs.thing.net
>
>  Harvard Blues
>  edited from Harvard worker's testimonies at:
>  http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~pslm/livingwage/newworkers.html
I like this job, because I can come in here and shoot the shit with
people from all over the world-from places I'll never go, because I'm
broke. I go insane when I'm always working and taking care of the kids
and I don't have any conversation. But working this job, I get to be
around intelligent people. Although I'm not sure how intelligent some of
you really are. Like, I don't know if they're at Harvard because they
have rich parents or if they're actually intelligent.

Being the cleaning lady you know people. You hear things. You see
things. You're the quiet dirt cleaner. I'm very self-reliant, you know.
I like Shirley Temple. She's cute. So I always tried to be like her.