Nmherman on Wed, 9 May 2001 13:51:32 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Bush, China, and The Left....

swray@io.com wrote:

But to undertake this first step, to inspire the conversation, to get a
dialogue going requires leadership. It requires inspired intervention. And Iım
not sure where that is coming from. I donıt see anyone spitting mad about
Bushıs new Cold War rhetoric. No one is on fire yet.

The dry tinder is there. Branches have been falling from the trees. It
wouldnıt
take much of a flame to spark a roaring blaze.

++Max Herman replies

nettime doesn't like me (Byfield doesn't like me) but the Genius 2000 Network
is the best bet for the kind of focused, fast-acting unity of all the various
groups you mention.  Why?  Because we cut past the analysing that keeps
artists, academics, pundits, and intellectuals employed, popular, and secure.
 We are the real revolutionaries and Byfield censors everything we say off
nettime.

If you don't believe me, please email baseekins@netscape.com,
alex@rhizome.org, fluxis@mediaone.net, or diocletian@visi.com.

Many say that I am an egotist because I am impatient and disapproving of the
slow, careerist half-measures of the US intelligentsia.  They don't think I
deserve as much power as I am requesting.  But it is my ideas that have the
power, not me.  The ideas of Genius 2000 are rich and multifarious and rooted
in the best source material of our time.  Netochka Nezvanova knows this; ask
her at integer@www.god-emil.dk
Many of the most powerful artists and curators have seen my documentary, the
Genius 2000 Video First Edition, but are afraid to fully discuss it for fear
of career repercussions.  It's the true honest radicalism of a Blake or a
Gandhi.  Matt Mirapaul at the New York Times has seen it; Steve Dietz at the
Walker has seen it, David Ross at the SFMOMA knows my work very well.

But don't take my word for it.  Ask around.  Check the transcripts of the
video at my site, http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000.  Ask Pat Lichty,
voyd@raex.com about the video.  Ask MTAA (big NYC artists) about it, they've
seen the video.  Ask Tom Sherman of the Syracuse University New Media
department about me.  Ask Brad Brace of the 12-hr jpeg about me.

If you want I will send you a free copy of the video so you can judge for
yourself.

You are absolutely right that there is no more time for dithering and
quibbling.

Best regards,

Max Herman
The Genius 2000 Network
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/WinonaLaduke.JPG
(Me giving the First Edition to the VP candidate in Minneapolis)