Kalina Bunevska on Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:20:36 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Invitation

The Contemporary Art  Center - Skopje, Macedonia
cordially invite you to attend the opening of the exhibition

Self - Portraits
Carol M. Cho & Marko Georgiev

Wednesday, 25.04.2001, 8 PM
CIX gallery

Working in a factory in the US as a physical worker, I came back  every
day with bruises and cuts over my entire body. I was obsessed with them,
because while one wound had healed, another would be formed. Looking at
my self, naked in the mirror, I cannot recall the period when I was
without these marks.
The obsession was so large that that I decided to register every damage that my body would suffer.
The photos present records of the body injuries from the work. They are
selected not because of the esthetic power but because of the trivial story
that stands behind these images. - Carol Cho