jeremy hunsinger on 29 Mar 2001 20:20:12 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Fwd: Constructing Cyberculture(s) Conference

>"Constructing Cyberculture(s): Performance, Pedagogy, and Politics in
>Online Spaces" is an interdisciplinary conference that will be held at
>the University of Maryland on April 6th and 7th.  The conference will
>feature an opening address by Dr. David Silver entitled, "Critical
>Cyberculture Studies: Current Domains and New Directions," and a keynote
>address by Dr. Lisa Nakamura entitled, "Remastering the Internet: the Work
>of Race in the Age of Digital Reproduction."  The conference will also
>feature papers on issues of feminist pedagogy, online identity, and
>globalization.  Program participants come from six different countries.
>
>Constructing Cyberculture(s) is sponsored by the following:
>
>* University of Maryland's Consortium on Race, Gender, and Ethnicity
>* The Chesapeake American Studies Association
>* The Cyberculture Working Group
>
>The conference is free and open to the public.  To register or to see the
>program and find out more about the conference, please visit our Web site
><otal.umd.edu/amst/cwg> or contact Ed Martini at <emartini@wam.umd.edu>.

Jeremy Hunsinger          	http://www.cddc.vt.edu
Instructor of Political Science	Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Webmaster/Manager CDDC     http://www2.cddc.vt.edu/cyber
526 Major Williams Hall 0130	http://www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy --my homepage
Virginia Tech			(yes i need to update it)
Blacksburg, VA 24061		(540)-231-7614  icq 5535471