Générée Eleutherium on 28 Mar 2001 09:11:26 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: Question: Untitled

Well, you see, there is what we call a *selective illegality* to this
behavior. It is routine for fast food or merchandising franchises to
eviscerate local businesses while operating at a loss until those
businesses are gone: Wal-Mart, Starbucks, McDonalds, the list goes on and
on and on. This dumping is tolerated because it is known that a free,
unregulated market leads to increased benefit for all, except under very
limited conditions the residents of areas that have been targeted by
especially energetic entities. Besides that, the higher rate of growth of
the economies of nations that tolerate such behavior is enough to convince
anyone that such behavior is beneficial and should not only be tolerated,
it should be encouraged.

Best,
Générée

http://www.gatt.org/
The World Trade Organization: Making the World Safe For Effectiveness.