Nettime mailing list archives

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Usenet archives sold
S. Kritikos on 19 Feb 2001 14:32:13 -0000

--- Ronda Hauben <ronda {AT} ais.org> wrote:
> "S. Kritikos" <metacode {AT} yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I agree with Craig here, the question is whether we can find some
> >organization such as FSF or CNRI to support it. Would we care 20 years
> >from now whether there are USENET archives widely and frelly available?

> >One way might be as I suggested off the list is to work with an
> >organization such as ISTF.

> Can you say more what the 3 different organizations you list are
> and why you suggest that they might be organizations to work with
> on this problem?

FSF is of course the GNY project: http://www.gnu.org/

GNA is not just about software but recently have expanded in content
issues, for example the GNUPedia project.

CNRI: Corporation for National Research Initiatives

Robert E. Kahn of TCP/IP fame is president.

ISTF at http://www.istf.org has been developed from ISOC to deal with
societal issues.

For all these organizations databases might be something they are
interested in.

S. (Sam) Kritikos

Do You Yahoo!?

Nettime-bold mailing list