net.wurk][.who][ on 22 Jan 2001 08:43:26 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: [webartery] nettwonk_ _ --23:[de.form N ][de][function]

At 11:56 PM 21/01/01, ted warnell wrote:
>  hehheh, Mez... you know I have no argument with this,

netw][on][urk][!][ 2.0000000000000000000000.3
+pose.ing straights & an auteurs stream ov covert n overt term][inologie][s
+reactivate the path. critical hitting with a brick bat. vocal.lies.ing a
scoping range.

[i c a cord.
=1+2+3
=cord terminal. a red velvet cord terminus. my voice is tired.]

[.tied.]

>                but for the sake of it, you know it could be argued your
>              view is perhaps a bit, uh, narrow. It seems to devalue
>        even your own fine Web work, like Sky Scratchez,
>           which I love. Is that really your intention here, or
>     is there another issue at bay? Please elaborate,
>                                              and thanks.
>                                                  t22.5

[.re:ject the obvious.]

[IgNaw:Abort:reTry][st][?]

.i.

.c.

.the.

.past.

.my.

.words.

.r.

.l][glasn][ost.

[.c-ment the nexus plane.]
[.ig.nore autho][g][ri][t][ty.]
[conclude N con.clusion, please.]

>>"
>>This is an age where the net.art/web art genre is being
>>developed by major artistic institutions and the strength of its
>>essential and defining characteristics are evident. Day after day I
>>find myself staring at highly delicate work, deliciously designed
>>in order to encapsulate intricate networked elements originally
>>employed to reflect n.no.vatively x.pressive/conceptual goals. These
>>elements are then melded into various x.hibits online, or used to pay
homage 2
>>other artists that have constructed the very fabric of this online
>>arts community.  As a fair percentage of current net art seems delightfully
>>touched with an inbuilt "Acceptable Exhibition Format" stamp, I find myself
>>taken more and more with the now largely standard re/deconstructed
>>][d][html/java/plugged-in work presented via the internet, and more focused
>>on work that uses the web as a medium for presentation and dispersal*.
>>"

--. hypo.krit quotient high.--

[stitch my person][& dua][lity code

                                         .here.                          23