Torsten Otto on 18 Jan 2001 22:41:10 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Faster computers - who needs them?

Folks, even if this mail is coming to you from a Linux machine, I do
appreciate Apples as well. And I can't say I find a G3 much too slow,
either. And the new models _are_ fast.

Now, according to today's Computer-Zeitung, analysts warn that while
Apple may catch up technologically the new computers will come too late
and by the time they hit the market, the Wintel folks will be far ahead
again. Another expert is quoted: there is no demand for faster Macs for
today's applications.

So then, why worry? What is their problem? Why can't we live with
computers that are fast enough for what we want to do with them?

Can we all buy some Apple shares to back them, please?

CU, TO