David Irving on 30 Dec 2000 22:53:58 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Privatisation of Government Services

Additionally, on past evidence, this kind of problem seems more likely to occur
when public utilitiies have been privatised than when they are still in public
hands - I don't know whether it's due to greed, an inability to look past next
quarter's bottom line, a lack of a notion of public service, or just plain
penny-pinching stupidity.

We've had a number of these incidents (mostly non-fatal except for the Victorian
experience with an emergency services' vehicle routing system) in Australia.

David