Nicholas Hermann on 28 Dec 2000 01:16:18 -0000

[Nettime-bold] From Anonymous Network Contributor

Genius has many Japanese equivalents which you might find
interesting. The first, which I think is the Genius that
G2K speaks against, is the conception of Kisai, the
wizard genius, or shunsai, the born and gifted genius,
super-human in his capacity. Reserved for deities and
glorifying politicians and influential humans.

Then there is sousakuryoku. Creative Power, Originality,
Genius.

My favorite, though, and I believe yours: kuoryou. The
hidden talent. Why do you love this word so? Because it
is also the word for a rain dragon.

You can find the connection, I am sure, and make a more
worthy post to the lists than I can.