Nmherman on 26 Dec 2000 03:30:13 -0000

[Nettime-bold] David Ross is a Disreputable Person Running a Disreputable Institution

Subj:    RE: RHIZOME_RAW: IBM&Intel push copy protection into ordinary
diskdrives
Date:   12/23/2000 4:53:36 PM Central Standard Time
From:   daross51@pacbell.net (David A. Ross) [Director of SFMOMA]
To: Nmherman@aol.com

Dear Max Herman:

Holiday greetings to you as well, and may all your wishes for fame and power
come true.

David

++

I take it you won't respond to the open letter regarding your theory of
"internal revolution" to be brought by the internet.  Remember the audience
during your speech with Weibel, back in '99, and how they said "the internet
is so new and all your comments and ideas about are so stale and cliche"?  I
do.  It's on the tape you made too, I'll request access to it one day.
Perhaps you better lose it somehow.

An open question:  Do you trust David Ross to do what's right?  I don't.
I've met him and seen many of his posts, and I say he's just another
corporate weasel who works for the rich.

For more background on this dispute, check
www.egroups.com/group/Genius2000Conference2000 and
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/Archive2000.html (SFMOMA82700).

Ross, you're a bum!

Max Herman