Nmherman on 19 Dec 2000 03:45:50 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Dear Mrs.C. Herman

In a message dated 12/18/2000 5:55:00 PM Central Standard Time,
jaimemartins@telus.net writes:

> Steve needs a little more encouragement. Does he listen to
>  his mother? Will Steve listen to other mothers?

I just shot an excellent video of a famous local band, Two Tickets to
Paradise, which will certainly be chatted up among the trend-spotters here.
I did a great job, far beyond anything I could have accomplished with skill
or planning.  Steve may soon find out that I'm famous in Minneapolis before
he gets a chance to reconsider.  What good will any compromises do then?

But Terrence you may be pointing out my cruel streak, and in deference I'll
ask Steve nicely again:

Steve:  Please write me a 100-word review, as negative or non-committal as
you want, and post it to Rhizome.  I know I've put you in a bad position, but
imagine how Bush will feel after my bestseller.  It will be brutal.  He will
probably send the NSA boys after me.  Don't refuse to review until you've
walked a mile in my shoes.

Last chance,

Max Herman
The Genius 2000 Network