Nicholas Hermann on 30 Nov 2000 20:03:47 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: <> art money, income, etc.

>>> "(((o)))" <leegte@xs4all.nl> 11/30/00 11:43AM >>>
you approach religion at it's politic and economic side?
is that it's core?

Religion is one manifestation of media.  I call it a system of media
control.  Politics and economics are also media.  I call them systems of
media control.
At the core of religion is the ineffable union of history and
cognition; the worldly shadows of religion are delusions like church,
nation, hierarchy, museum, expertise, indulgences.

(
>  [[when religion]]
> [[is]]
> [[compromised]]
> [[as]]
> [[income]]
)
are these worldly shadows of religion not delusional?
(
> [[is it still ]]
> [[religion?]]
)

what do you want out of religion,

curious,

leegte.

Max replies:

I want out of religion.  I want to become.  I want everything to
become.  I want to blast religion out of the continuum of history into
the jetztzeit just like nn does.

"Religion forgets that it owes its own existence to the tragic
estrangement of man (sic) from his true being.  It forgets its own
emergency character."

--Paul Tillich, Theology of Culture, p.9, as quoted in the Genius 2000
Video First Edition.
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/Transcripts.html