pavu.com.ctgr on 21 Nov 2000 10:54:56 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> French Big Brother Awards 2000 !

hi,

Voltaire has been kind enough to let people use his name for ages.
Remember Cabaret Voltaire,  Volta mètre, Volpone and Vol upon a cucuu nest.

Voltaire should have right to express imself but unfortunatly he ... hey
you ! get out of my house !!!!!
but, ........ gnargled !
what the hell ......

aaaaaaaarghhhhhhh !

--
OG

Ronda Hauben a *crit :

> Jmm <jmm@transfert.net> wrote:
>
> >'lo-o,
>
> >> So I was surprised to see that there are Voltaire awards being
> >> given, but not for defending the right to free speech, but rather
> >> for defending "privacy".
>
>       >"any discussion to freedom of expression regards privacy, and
>       >vice versa, it's a condition of human rights that they are
>       >equal".
>
> I wasn't commenting that it was a problem giving an award regarding
> privacy, but was surprised that the name of the award had to do with
> Voltaire and Orwell.

< ... >