Benjamin Geer on 17 Nov 2000 07:33:17 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Serbia Deploys Peacekeeping Forces to U.S.

    BUSH EXECUTES 253 NEW MEXICO DEMOCRATS, RETAKES STATE'S FIVE
    ELECTORAL VOTES

    ALBUQUERQUE, NM--New Mexico's five electoral votes swung back into
    the Bush column Monday when George W. Bush executed 253 Las
    Cruces-area Democrats.  With their deaths, the Al Gore-backing
    Democrats were declared ineligible, wiping out the Democratic
    candidate's narrow 252-vote victory margin in New Mexico and
    giving Bush the state by just one vote. [...]

    SERBIA DEPLOYS PEACEKEEPING FORCES TO U.S.

    BELGRADE--Serbian president Vojislav Kostunica deployed more than
    30,000 peacekeeping troops to the U.S. Monday, pledging full
    support to the troubled North American nation as it struggles to
    establish democracy.

    "We must do all we can to support free elections in America and
    allow democracy to gain a foothold there," Kostunica said. "The
    U.S. is a major player in the Western Hemisphere and its continued
    stability is vital to Serbian interests in that region." [...]

The Onion (http://www.onion.com) is in rare form!

--
Benjamin Geer
http://www.btinternet.com/~amisuk/bg