Pit Schultz on 17 Nov 2000 00:50:26 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Cellphones and the Cancer of Cellspace

>I like having a choice. I can choose now to either visit people (and maybe
>on the way call them to see if they're in), write them, email them, phone
>them. I also have a choice not to answer phonecalls, and i often do. My
>phone even has a button for it, very nice. I use it in supermarkets,
>crowded environments, during conversations. Most people find this strange,
>it seems to me most people never even consider _not_ answering their
>phones.

sure i like having a mobile too. especially one which is practically
for free. the good thing it's only one way and only when i want it.
right, i can only get called - but thats not a problem at
all. i'm reacheable and if i want to phone somebody (usually on their
mobile), there is always a phone on a near table... a normal call
doesn't take longer then one to five minutes. (because of the
costs) not the ages long debates of wired phones.