R.Anderson on 14 Nov 2000 21:55:50 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> No Logo is a good Logo

The real problem with No Logo isn't the look of the thing, it's
what's inside. Anyone involved with critical thinking or cultural
production over at least the last 20 years knows everything that's
inside the covers. I found it an homogenizing piece of work that
packaged cultural criticism into neat sound bites for the media. It
simply isn't interesting, unless you are looking for a glossy
validation for what you may have been thinking for decades. Let's
call it "criticism light". If that's what it has to be to reach the
Starbucks set then it's unfortunate that the rest of us have to
endure the author promoting it everywhere. Her claims that we are
winning the good fight don't hold water. Just look around, hang out
at the mall.

Randall Anderson