Nmherman on 5 Nov 2000 20:24:54 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Hvis du go omkring i skoven/////memuar deklaraz!e on mass produced model ...

In a message dated 11/5/2000 9:44:34 AM Central Standard Time,
integer@www.god-emil.dk writes:

> biodiversity must be konserved for its own sake and not for any utilitarian
> value.

Time Magazine, Nov. 6, 2000:  The Choice

The Phantom of Utopia:  p. 120
Geniuses, crackpots, and dictators through the ages have pursued the delusion
of human perfectibility.

Max Herman says no + no.

"Basically, Utopia is for authoritarians and weaklings.  But it was also
loved by philosophers, when they were in a what-if frame of mind, dreaming up
systems."

Je ne vais pas etre Napoleon.  The Revolution is over.  I am the revolution.
(nn watches PBS).  Listen to Eroica on Election Day and cry for the defeated!

"While at this show [at NY public library 2001] you may think that to be
deprived of a life in utopia may be a loss, a sad failure of human potential.
 Until, that is, you consider how unspeakably awful the alternative would
be."  --Robert Hughes (called R. Crumb "the Brueghel of the 20th century.")

Dietz=antiutopia=Packer=Hughes=cumulative artvalue.

Utopia = "The utopian state of mind indicates a yearning to be released from
history (yes ma'am) to shed the burdens of free will (the cerements of the
grave), failure (yes please) improvisation (not me no way king shit)."

History=geniuses or geniusy.  "La geniusie"?  "Vox Genius Populi"?  "Dulce
est decorum est pro genius mori"?

++++++++++++++++=

I don't know what I can do to bring a miracle for the election.  If all net
users propagated a message of hope and cooperation, we could affect this
election heavily.  If we don't--if no one does--the election will be another
bullshit win by the universities and corporations and suburban males (I will
erase you from the book of life).

Hughes doesn't understand the jetztzeit, holographic knowledge, synapses, Zen
and the Brain, histor, history, Genius, Genius 2000, Brueghel (I'm the
Breughel), Crumb, or anything.  He's like a crank-up toy with a backyard and
a hairstylist.

I agree with Mark Stahlman.  Genius--the synaptic firings that enable thought
and image--is the bug in Windows (Walls).  The machines and their DNA,
currency, are killing us.  (http://www.geocities.com/~genius-2000/Launch.html)

++++++++

Max Herman's newest, current show is called "Genius 2000:  Works on Paper,"
to be presented at OpenMouse.  YOu can contribute your work on paper if you
are part of the Genius 2000 Network (a self-title already in place if you're
reading this, sorry).  Just send it to Max Herman, The Genius 2000 Network,
P.O. Box 14443, Minneapolis, MN, 55414 USA.  It must arrive before November
14.

Good god, let's try to do something about the election.  It's so hellish here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

"New York New York," a work on paper by Max Herman, is hereby offered for
sale to Steve Dietz and/or the Walker.  I want $2000 for it.  I need the
$2000 before Nov. 13.  I will demonstrate and videotape in front of the
Walker until they buy it.  If you want to buy it for the Walker, send me a
check at my P.O. Box 14443.  Also, you can send checks for Conference
Commemorative Prints, signed first editions, promo editions, and other works.

++++++++

The Genius 2000 Network may soon acquire digital capability (currently we're
analog only).  In this event, we will provide lots of public domain material
to be used in any way possible.

Farewell for now my flabby, weak, authoritarian fellow utopians (Je ne suis
pas une pipe).  Let's leave the world to the real artists, the unacknowledged
legislators of the world:  corporations.

Best,

Max Herman
The Genius 2000 Network
Works on Paper, New York 2000
http://www.geocities.com/~genius-2000/Stahlman1.html

Subj: Re: Last Call for Launch Page Submissions