Tony Hebert on 4 Oct 2000 14:46:31 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Deadline Reminder: Promoting Participation in CD Workshop Deadline 10/30/00

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Deadline Reminder
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Deadline for registration 10/30/00

Promoting Participation in Community Development:  Best Practices Workshop
Knoxville, TN ~ November, 30th to December 3rd, 2000

Register now to reserve your spot at our workshop.

The Community Partnership Center's (CPC) Participatory Development Program (PDP) cordially invites you to the workshop "Promoting Participation in Community Development" (details available on request or see http://www.oup.org/confer/knoxville.html).  The CPC's PDP and related workshops have been recognized as a National HUD Best Practices 2000 Awardee (pg. 350 Best Practices 2000 Awards, tracking number 1579 - or see HUD web page at http://www.oup.org/about/awards.html) and we look forward to wide participation from agency staff, community groups, organizations and practitioners working with federal, state or privately supported programs and projects at national, regional and local levels.

Presenters include representatives from The Urban Habitat Program (San Francisco, CA), Community Resources Inc. (Baltimore, MD), The Center for Community Change (Washington, D.C.), The National Network for Youth (Washington, D.C.), The National Civic League (Denver, CO), The Institute for Development Studies (Sussex, United Kingdom), The Partnership for Neighborhood Improvement (Knoxville, TN), The Center for Neighborhood Development (Knoxville, TN), The Knoxville / Knox County Public Building Authority (Knoxville, TN), The Morningside Homeowners Association (Knoxville, TN) and The Community Partnership Center (Knoxville, TN). We currently have participants from 23 states, Canada, the United Kingdom and China.

If you have any questions about this workshop or would like to receive registration materials don't hesitate to contact me at ahebert@utk.edu or 865.974.4562.  We apologize for cross-postings.

Cheers - Tony

===============================
Tony Hebert
Coordinator
Participatory Research and Planning for Community Development
Youth in Development Initiative
Community Partnership Center
University of Tennessee
410 Aconda Court